Frequently Asked Questions
- When and where is the packet pick-up?
The packet pick-up will be at the Hotel Metropole on Friday between 5-8pm.
- Are pledges required for all runners?
Please note that all of the entry fees combined, depending upon the total number of entries, barely covers the costs of putting on the race. Therefore, the sponsor pledge sheets are the only way we raise money for our various charities.
- Does the entry fee include a boat ride to the island?
No, all transportation to the island and accommodations must be reserved ahead of time by each individual.
*There is an option of purchasing:
- 1-night stay at the Seaport Village Inn for a flat fee.
Contact Seaport Village Inn for specials- (310)510-0344.
For boat: Contact The Catalina Express out of San Pedro, Dana Point, and Long Beach (800)481-3470.
- What about drop-bags?
Please bring your drop-bag to the packet-pick up on Friday night. Remember to bring clothing that will help adapt to the weather and a flashlight for the early morning start and initial run. Be sure to label any articles you want back! (Drop bags at Little Harbor only!)
- Where will the results be posted?
Results will be posted after the race at the finish line; at the banquet, and official results will be posted online on the Monday following the event.
When: 7pm, Jan 11th (following the race)
Where: TBD, each finisher will receive a medal.
- How much of the race is trail?
A little more than 46 miles of the marathon course is on trail.
- Where does the race start/finish?
Start and finish will be at Crescent & the Pier.
- What is the entry fee?
Early Run Entry- $85.00
Banquet Ticket- $30
Late Entry Fee- $100 (starting December 1, 2013)
Purchase Banquet Ticket On-Site- $35
- How many fluid stations are on the course? Will there be snacks at the stations on the course?
There are 7 water stations that are approximately every 7 miles. Participants are encouraged to bring their own water bottles, gels and other nutritional support for use between support stations. Support stations will have water, Gatorade, candy, salt, surprise treats and other supplies for your use and nutrition.
- Is there a cut-off time?
There will be a 12 hour cut-off time for runners.
- Do I need to come on Friday, what time are the boat rides and how much is it?
Yes, you need to arrive on Friday, race start time at 5am. For boat times and details, please visit http://www.catalinaexpress.com/
- How do I find a room in Avalon?
Visit http://www.catalinacatalina.com/ or http://www.catalinavacations.com/
- What do I get if I am running?
All runners will receive a long-sleeve T-shirt and finisher medal to each finisher.
- Does my registration go to a worthy cause?
Yes, all proceeds remain on the island to benefit local charities, youth programs, school scholarship funds and other needy organizations.
- How is the course marked?
The course is marked clearly with white flour arrows.